Helping and giving happiness to people can bring a lot of joy. Moreover, if you have the possibility to become a surrogate mother, you can only imagine how much happiness you can give to a family. So, if you are ready to embark on this journey in your life and become a surrogate mother, you will have to fill out the surrogate mother application so that we can start with the pre-screening process. Once you make your decision, you can check this blog out to get all the information about surrogate application forms.
Following are the steps you need to follow in order to make your surrogate application!
Step 1: Fill Out The Pre-Screening Form And Submit It
Once you decide to become a surrogate mother, you can start filling out the pre-screening form and submit it as a first step. This form asks for all the basic information about the prospective surrogate mother. Once this information is received, your application will be reviewed to assess if the basic requirements to become a surrogate mother are fulfilled or not. Once you are done with this, you can start the process of creating an account with us and have your personal portal where you can continue filling out more details in your application. You must fill all the information carefully because it plays an important role at the time of selecting the prospective couples who would choose you for the surrogacy.
Step 2: Fill Out Your Application Form In The Portal
You can fill out more details and continue with your application process in your personal portal. You will be required to give out all the relevant information for your surrogacy process. This information includes your medical information, birth records, surrogacy preference, journey, or any other relevant information. Similar to the pre-screening form, you will have to carefully fill out all the details in the form. All this will also help the prospective parents to know you better.
Step 3: Give Your Authorization For Background Check
One of the important parts of the process is to do a background check to ensure that the surrogate mother maintains a healthy lifestyle. This is done because the surrogate mother's health plays an important role in a healthy pregnancy. However, we would like to assure you that the background check reports are confidential and are not shared with anyone. All this information is only used for surrogacy purposes. Moreover, the background check is carried out only when you give the official authorization to do so. You should be absolutely ready to get your background check done before giving the authorization so that it is not something uncomfortable for you at a later stage.
Step 4: Submit Your Authorization For Medical Records
According to the surrogacy regulations, authorization for medical records or the HIPAA Compliant Patient Information Authorization is a necessity in order to proceed with the process. Hence, once you fill out this authorization form and submit it, we get the authority to check if the prospective surrogate mother is medically ready for performing the surrogacy. Once this is done, you can officially be ready to become a surrogate mother. As mentioned above, you must be absolutely ready to share all kinds of personal information about you. It is being assured that your data is not shared with anyone and there is complete confidentiality. However, you need to be completely sure before giving the authorization.
Requirements Before Becoming a Surrogate Mother
You must keep in mind some other requirements before becoming a surrogate mother because fulfilling them will give you a green signal to proceed. These requirements are crucial and you must read them carefully before taking the leap towards becoming a surrogate mother.
The requirements are listed below:
● You need to be in the age group of 21 to 38 years.
● You must have experience of delivering children. It can be one or more children.
● You never had complications during your pregnancies.
● You must be a legal citizen of the United States or a legal alien in the US.
● You must be residing in a surrogacy-friendly state that excludes New York, Nebraska, Louisiana, and Michigan.
● You must not smoke or live in a smoking living space.
● You must not be a user of drugs.
● It would help if you had your Body Mass Index or BMI less than 30.
● You must have a vehicle that you can use to go to and come back from appointments.
● You must not be receiving any financial assistance from the federal state. However, some are acceptable, so you must check to see if the assistance you are receiving is acceptable or not.
● You should not have any history of substance abuse or arrests.
● You must be willing to get a psychological examination done.
● You must be willing to have a background check done. You must note that it can be done for your husband or partner too.
● You must be willing to get a medical examination done for basic issues such as STDs, Hepatitis, pelvic examination, drug test, etc.
After reading these pointers, if you feel you are meeting all these guidelines, you are ready to become a surrogate mother. Then, you can take the next steps to start the process. Once you are paired with the prospective parents who are ready for the surrogacy, the process would start immediately.
To sum up, we offer a great opportunity for willing surrogate mothers to meet prospective families. They are also compensated well for bringing about such great happiness to someone. Surrogacy is a great way for infertile couples, the LGBT community, or single parents to have children. With various methods such as gestational surrogacy, both parents can be biologically related to the child. We understand the needs of both the surrogate mothers and the receiving families and try to offer convenient services to both of them.